Application Deadline: May 10, 2020 & Nov 10, 2020
University or Organization: Wuhan University
Course Level: Bachelor & Master Program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in China
Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world (except China).
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded to study the Chinese Language.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- funding for One-Semester Chinese Language Studying Students:
- Applicant should with a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK (Beginner Level) but no prior experience of studying in China.
- funding for One-Academic-Year Chinese Language Studying Students:
- Applicant should have a minimum score of 210 in the HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level).
- funding for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages Students:
- Applicants should have a high school education certificate and Chinese proficiency is higher than HSK (Level 4) 210 points, HSKK (Intermediate level) 60 points.
- funding for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages Students:
- Applicant should own a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level).
How to Apply: In order to eligible for the opportunity, applicants first need to take admission in a chosen program at the university. After getting enrolled, all candidates must have to submit the online application to become a part of the program. All candidates log on the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the application form online. Please email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org after finishing the online application.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit a degree certificate, references, and CV.
Admission Requirements: For taking admission, all candidates own non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35, in good health condition.
Language Requirement: Students whose native language is not English must submit adequate (TOEFL) or (IELTS) results before an application can be considered.
- The Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fees, accommodation fees, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. Tuition fee does not cover the textbook expenses and tourist tickets.
- The monthly allowance for undergraduates, one-academic-year study students, and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person. For Master student, the monthly allowance is 3,000 CNY per person.
- The accommodation fee is CNY 700 per person on a monthly basis.
- Comprehensive medical insurance is RMB800 per person on a yearly basis.